Sunday, March 29, 2015

March Parent Profile - Katie Reyes


1. Your Name:  Katie Reyes

2. Are you a stay at home mom or a working mom? How easy was that decision? I’m fortunate enough to be a work at home mom. I run my lifestyle blog and also am a freelance writer for a few websites, which allows me to stay at home with my baby. My husband works part time and thus gets to be home a lot as well. It is the easiest decision we’ve made!

3. Your child's name and age: Samuel is our baby boy and he is 11 months  

4. Tell us about going from no kids to a newborn - what were the biggest changes? The whole concept of having this tiny person completely reliant on me was probably the biggest change! It was pretty crazy, but something that I absolutely wouldn’t change for the world! The lack of sleep was another adjustment. I remember being totally blown away by just how little sleep one actually needs to function somewhat normally. I was also blow away by how deeply I could love.


5. Where does your family live?  Any other cities you’ve lived?  We live in Sacramento, CA. I spent a semester abroad in Paris while in college, and it was the most magical experience that changed me so much. I also lived a few months in Seattle with a girlfriend and dream of moving to the ocean soon. Travel is something we absolutely love and look forward to doing a lot with our family!

6. How did you first learn about Itzy Ritzy?  I heard about Itzy Ritzy when I was sent a product for review for a website I work for, and I fell in love with the company!

7. Favorite Itzy Ritzy product and fabric?  I love the Itzy Sitzy and the Social Circle Blue is one of my favorite fabrics! It is so plush and keeps my baby comfortable and away from germs while we’re out and about, in a shopping cart or a high chair.

8. The hardest part of my day is:  Prioritizing my schedule can be really tricky. When my baby is awake, I struggle between getting my work done and giving him all of my attention. Needless to say, nap times are my most productive times of day!


9. The best part of my day is:  Walking into the nursery in the morning, after listening to Sam chatting away, and being greeted with the biggest grin you ever did see. Melts my heart every day and it really is the best way to wake up, I’m sure of it!

10. What are your must-have winter products?  For winter, I need a good chunky knit scarf, a warm wool coat, Burt’s Bees chapstick, L’Occitane hand cream and hot coffee. Give me these things and I’m set. Especially the coffee!

11. Favorite date night with your husband?  My husband is my best friend, and we try to have a date night as often as we can! Honestly, doing anything with him is fun, no matter what it is! Since having a baby, our favorite date nights are just snuggling on the couch watching a movie with loads of popcorn and sweets. If we can get out of the house, we love going on bike rides and trying new restaurants.

12. Guilty pleasures?  My biggest guilty pleasure, if you can call it that, is probably The Bachelor and all other reality TV. I know it’s so bad and yet, I can’t stop watching!

13. Anything else you’d like to share with the Itzy Ritzy community?  Motherhood is the greatest adventure I’ve been on, and I love every second. I guess my biggest advice is to never lose yourself completely to being a mother, and to remember that you are so many other things, too. I’ve made a point of staying active and doing everything I love, with my new little sidekick in tow!

No comments: